Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » lowerin springs

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: lowerin springs
93NotchbackLX
¯
Member # 12122

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93NotchbackLX  Ford pictures for 93NotchbackLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So just bought me the eibach pro lowering spring kit and i was wondering if anyone could give me some tips/tricks to make the install go as quickly and smoothly as possible. Thanks boys

--------------------
93' CoupeLX w/ BBK-Pulleys, Fuel Pump, Strut Tower Brace, TB, TBS, EGR spacer,Intake, headers.MsD Cap and rotor,x pipe & magnapac,Eibach springs

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
heere ya go

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/267834-installing-coil-springs-how.html

Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
93NotchbackLX
¯
Member # 12122

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93NotchbackLX  Ford pictures for 93NotchbackLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hell ya thanks man thats a good set of instructions right there that im most definantly gonna use tonight on my install. Thanks again for the speedy response

--------------------
93' CoupeLX w/ BBK-Pulleys, Fuel Pump, Strut Tower Brace, TB, TBS, EGR spacer,Intake, headers.MsD Cap and rotor,x pipe & magnapac,Eibach springs

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The rear end will take 30 minutes tips. Jack the car up from the pumpkin put 2 jacks on the subframe. Keep the jack holding the rear tho. Take off the nuts on the shocks 18 is the size I believe move the shock off and drop the rear end. If the springs don't fall out just use a crow bar to pull them out. They have no tension so they won't shoot out. Then fit the isolator on to the new spring (if your keeping it) and line it in there. Also make sure the pigtail on the spring is forward.which will position it on the highest part of the control arm.
For the front don't unbolt anything but the lower shock bolts and support the control arm with your jack. Loosen the castle nut on the ball joint and slowly let the jack down while standing back if it doesn't pop then you need to safely get the control arm to release from the ball joint from that point it's repeat backwards. I suggest an alignment ASAP. Also cc plates and a bump steer kit would tie it all together

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
The rear end will take 30 minutes tips. Jack the car up from the pumpkin put 2 jacks on the subframe. Keep the jack holding the rear tho. Take off the nuts on the shocks 18 is the size I believe move the shock off and drop the rear end. If the springs don't fall out just use a crow bar to pull them out. They have no tension so they won't shoot out. Then fit the isolator on to the new spring (if your keeping it) and line it in there. Also make sure the pigtail on the spring is forward.which will position it on the highest part of the control arm.
For the front don't unbolt anything but the lower shock bolts and support the control arm with your jack. Loosen the castle nut on the ball joint and slowly let the jack down while standing back if it doesn't pop then you need to safely get the control arm to release from the ball joint from that point it's repeat backwards. I suggest an alignment ASAP. Also cc plates and a bump steer kit would tie it all together

I thought the pigtail was supposed to face the driver side..

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Think about it Peter. Forward facing pigtail is the drivers side lol

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
93NotchbackLX
¯
Member # 12122

thanks guys i plan on doing the install tonight after work, will let you know how it goes.

--------------------

93NotchbackLX
¯
Member # 12122

ill also try and take some before and after pictures to see the difference

--------------------

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no problem [patriot]
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You will only need a bump steer kit if the Caster is affected.

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com