Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Road Racing Pics at Infineon Raceway!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Road Racing Pics at Infineon Raceway!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went out to the track for my second time today and ran with Trackmaster's Racing (TMR). This was just my second time on the track and first time with TMR but all I can say is that its getting more and more fun!!! There weren't nearly as many cars or run groups as there were when I went to Thunderhill in April and ran with NASA, so the track was a lot more open and I was able to learn more about my car and my driving capabilities. As I said before, if anyone has even pondered the idea of doing some open track/road racing, JUST DO IT! Its fun as hell and REAL RACING [burnout]

Snakebit (Jay) went out there with me and snapped a bunch of pics for me...Thanks bro! This event had A LOT of beautiful cars: old schools, exotics, and fully prepped race cars. I could honestly say I had more fun at this track than Thunderhill because it was more technical with smaller and sharper turns, constantly keeping me on my toes. I was scheduled to run 6 sessions, but unfortunately after my 4th session the rain started coming down hard (it wasn't even in the forecast...fuck the iphone's weather app! [Mad] ) so we left early. All in all a great day out and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this sport to anyone that wants to drive their car FAST in a safe place with other fast cars...and its LEGAL! [Cool]

Enough of the BS...here's some pics:

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here was my instructor's car...

-

Other sick cars that were on site...

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
... it was more technical with smaller and sharper turns, constantly keeping me on my toes.
What makes Sears Point more difficult is the interconnected turns meaning, one turn is immediately followed by another. Screw up the first turn and you'll be in the wrong position for the next. Thunderhill is easier because most turns have some form of a straight between most of the turns so you can back into the right position.

Buttonwillow, while it doesn't have the elevation changes (or the walls) as Sears Point is another very technical track. Laguna is somewhere in between.

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Holy crap Ian. That camera makes anybody look like a Pro. That guy in the black mustang was killing me. LOL. "I got flow's and cold air intake rollin on 20's, she goes". Haha dude didn't have a clue.

[ May 29, 2011, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awsome pics bro

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very cool pics, love the yellow Ferrari. So how did the brakes treat you?
SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice shots!!

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

DevonShelbyGT
¯
Member # 8696

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DevonShelbyGT  Ford pictures for DevonShelbyGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im digging the cars man. looks like fun. whatever you were doing to the camera/pics to make them look like they were taken in the 70s/80s, i was not feeling. but thats just my tastes, what do i know..
Posts: 299 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
quote:
... it was more technical with smaller and sharper turns, constantly keeping me on my toes.
What makes Sears Point more difficult is the interconnected turns meaning, one turn is immediately followed by another. Screw up the first turn and you'll be in the wrong position for the next. Thunderhill is easier because most turns have some form of a straight between most of the turns so you can back into the right position.

Buttonwillow, while it doesn't have the elevation changes (or the walls) as Sears Point is another very technical track. Laguna is somewhere in between.

Exactly Steve...the interconnecting turns to properly set yourself up for the next turn were the biggest challenge for me. For instance, turns 2-3, 3-3a, 7-7a, 8-8a, etc. It was a hell of a day and a fun ass track! It really took me back to my motorcycle days when I used to hit up the canyons and basically toss the bike left and right. I've seen some videos of Buttonwillow and would definitely like to go down there one day. Hopefully I can make my way out there these summer.

quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
Holy crap Ian. That camera makes anybody look like a Pro. That guy in the black mustang was killing me. LOL. "I got flow's and cold air intake rollin on 20's, she goes". Haha dude didn't have a clue.

HAHAHA! Yeah, you took some great pics Jay...but all these that I posted were "slightly" editted [Wink] . I had to crop alot of them and resize. Then I added some slight color adjustments, but you did get some great shots [patriot]

The dude with the black stang was COMEDY! Here's some epic quotes from the day:

"I'm building a new motor for it. Its an ELDELBROOK setup and its going to be EFI."

"Yea, I used to have 17's but it would bottom out everywhere. Now I got them 20's and she go!"

[Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] Notice the sick ass "cobra r" wing [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

-

quote:
Originally posted by SantaClara_Lx:
Awsome pics bro

Thanks bro [patriot] Snakebit shot the pics and I editted them [patriot]

quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
Very cool pics, love the yellow Ferrari. So how did the brakes treat you?

Thanks Tim! Yup, the exotics out there were bad ass! There was a convertible Lambo on the track as the rain started to pour and I felt so bad for the guy [Razz]

The brakes were TITS! No fade or anything! I felt really confident with them. As I got more comfortable with the track I was able to pick up a lot more speed coming into turns and hitting the brakes hard. I love em! Thank you again [patriot]

quote:
Originally posted by SPIDER_STANG:
Nice shots!!

Thank Snakebit (Jay) for the shots! I wouldn't have gotten any of these without him [patriot]

quote:
Originally posted by DevonShelbyGT:
im digging the cars man. looks like fun. whatever you were doing to the camera/pics to make them look like they were taken in the 70s/80s, i was not feeling. but thats just my tastes, what do i know..

There were definitely some bad ass cars out there. VERY FUN! Pics were editted...some people like it, some people dont. To each his own. Thanks. [dance]

[ May 29, 2011, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I kind of like the grainy retro look. lol Thats what pics from our childhood look like. I like the 2 of the Ferrari's I was trying to work off of the reflection for the clouds. Looks like it worked. I kind of got the itch for getting a new camera now.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
I kind of like the grainy retro look. lol Thats what pics from our childhood look like. I like the 2 of the Ferrari's I was trying to work off of the reflection for the clouds. Looks like it worked. I kind of got the itch for getting a new camera now.

The pics of my car are "grainy" because they were HEAVILY resized. With the non-zoom lens you were using the actual car was tiny. I had to go in there and crop it out and resize the whole picture. That's what gave the pics of my car the "grainy" feel.

In the other pics, you can see that they're actually very clear and sharp, but the "old school" look comes from the coloring. The colors are a adjusted and I messed with the sharpness of each image so you can see a lot of the details (ie: the reflection of the clouds on teh hood of the silver ferrari). Lots of little things I messed around with. I'm no pro, but I do edit my pics whenever I get a chance to. Still trying to learn different techniques.

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sf coupe and I got rained on too but I packed it up to soon because my dad and I went for coffee in Willows and it cleared up right after we got there. The sun came out and everything dried up quick. The moral of the story is just be patient a little while longer and the sun could shine on you sooner than you think.
Did that black car on 20's actually go out on track [Confused]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
sf coupe and I got rained on too but I packed it up to soon because my dad and I went for coffee in Willows and it cleared up right after we got there. The sun came out and everything dried up quick. The moral of the story is just be patient a little while longer and the sun could shine on you sooner than you think.

Damn that sucks... How many sessions did you guys get in? I hope you guys got your money's worth at least. Im just upset because it wasn't in the forecast at all [Mad] no, the black car didnt go on the track...I would've loved to see that [dance]

--------------------

19mystic96
¯
Member # 7553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 19mystic96  Ford pictures for 19mystic96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like a lot of fun and a lot of cool cars there.. but im not feeling the photo editing..

--------------------
1996 Mystic cobra #32

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:

Damn that sucks... How many sessions did you guys get in? I hope you guys got your money's worth at least. Im just upset because it wasn't in the forecast at all [Mad] no, the black car didnt go on the track...I would've loved to see that [dance]
Well, for $135 entry fee we got our money's worth for sure. I got in 3 sessions and there were 5 on the forecast. There was no chance of rain for us either so everyone was a little pissed off for sure. It was nice n cool though which was great for all the cars especially turbo's.
sf coupe got into the 1:55's which is ridiculously fast so he was 2 seconds faster than his best; he had a good day for sure!

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great photos cars look amazing

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

You should post up the original size photos so they can see how far away I was from you. Next time you got to show me how to you the big boy lens. With some effort I noticed quite a few areas to take pics from for next time. That Cobra with the 427 rattled the bridge while I was on it, that was pretty cool.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice pics & bad ass cars! That looks hella fun! I've only trackday'd at thunderhill & that was on a motorcycle. Looks like it would be a blast in the cars!

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
Very nice pics & bad ass cars! That looks hella fun! I've only trackday'd at thunderhill & that was on a motorcycle. Looks like it would be a blast in the cars!

Nick, you should cone out to Infineon in 2 weeks for the NASA event! I'm going to hit up Jeo and see if he'll be out there too. Test out your blown IRS equipped fobra bro!!!

--------------------

DevonShelbyGT
¯
Member # 8696

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DevonShelbyGT  Ford pictures for DevonShelbyGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha i thought you were trying to make it look like that... makes sense if they were resized [patriot]
Posts: 299 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my friend works at cortex racing..some nice mustangs they are building there..ima go watch one of these events soon

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 707notchback jaejae:
my friend works at cortex racing..some nice mustangs they are building there..ima go watch one of these events soon

Is cortex located on-site at infineon? The name sounds familiar...

You should definitely come and check out an event. I'm sure you'll get an itch to go out on track after watching it so be prepared to start signing up for events [Wink]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com