Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Paintless Dent/Ding removal

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Paintless Dent/Ding removal
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a guy come out to remove some dings on a car from a company called Colors on Paradise. He did a great job and you can not even tell where the dings where. I just wanted to reccomend him to anyone that needs some work in the Sacramento area. I also spoke to him about doing a dent day or something for board members, friends and whoever. He said if we could set something up he would discount the price. I am not sure who I pass this on to from the board but if anyones is interested we could always do something in my parking lot or the next cafords event that is in the Sac area.

Chris Richert
916-275-3430

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah those dent guys work wonders. ive used dent pro before with satisfactory results.
how much did u pay?
i think the going rate is $125 a ding and it get cheapers from there but it could get expensive if u have a ton of dings.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This guy charged me 200 dollars. He took out a large dent(not even a ding) on the drivers rear quarter. He worked that for awhile. 2 on the drivers door. 2 on the hood. 2 on the roof and 2 on the passenger door. So a total of 9 dings. I called dentpro first and they wanted 150 for the first ding and like 70 dollars each for all the rest. They would of been close to 600 dollars and they would not even come look at it first. They just told me to go to there website and take the size of the biggest one and that is your starting price. Then measure all the rest and they would be 1/2 off. What I like about this guy is that he actually comes out and looks at the car and gives you a bid on the total job not per ding.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what a steal...
too bad hes in sac. he said he generally services the sac area but may consider coming out to the bay if it was worth his time...a few cars might work for him.

anyone interested?

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

5.0Caliber
¯
Member # 5865

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0Caliber  Ford pictures for 5.0Caliber    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does it mess up the paint when takes out the dents? I would do it but cant pay for a paint job.

--------------------
Non-rice 05 Civic LX

Im a rookie all over again.

# 4904

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

No, it does not mess the paint up unless the paint is messed up from the ding. You can not even tell where mine were.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i bet there is some holes he drilled out in the door jam you probably did not notice since he put rubber gromits over them to hide them. and those prices are retail prices i get the alot cheaper since i work side by side with alot of them when i do work for the car dealers [Big Grin]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
i bet there is some holes he drilled out in the door jam you probably did not notice since he put rubber gromits over them to hide them. and those prices are retail prices i get the alot cheaper since i work side by side with alot of them when i do work for the car dealers [Big Grin]

We made sure that he had access to all the places so no holes were drilled.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PDR guys are definitely skilled.

If you see an expert in action you will definitely be amazed. Most of the instances it looks like it was never there.

They make bank too! [Whoo Whooooo!]

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had a guy from the DentGuys come out about 3months ago. The guy did a great job, couldn't even tell the dings were there anymore. He did a total of 8 dings for $125..but 3 months later the paint where the dings were is barely cracking...still looks better then having dings though [patriot]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:

retail....I payed retail, but i had a non-military discount and my library card and I still payed retail???? [Big Grin] We all can not be as lucky of knowing someone that does it. I was happy with the job he did for the price. I was just saying he did a good job and was cheaper than other companies.

[ March 24, 2006, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Dag302 ]

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

69grandecj
¯
Member # 5794

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 69grandecj  Ford pictures for 69grandecj  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In the East Bay try Ted at California Dent Works. He took out a small dent on my PT Cruiser that Dent Pro tried but failed. His number is 925-922-2023.

--------------------
1969 Lime Gold Grande 428CJ 1 of 37
1969 Indian Fire SportsRoof
1989 Black GT Convertible 22k miles
2006 F-250 PSD Lariat CC

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com