Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » 1990 LX fully built ,vortech, griggs, trick flow

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1990 LX fully built ,vortech, griggs, trick flow
fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
posting a friends car for sale. had thought of parting it out but would rather try and sell compelte.
exterior:
1990 lx painted Candy blue clean blk interior w/racing seats, tinted windows with 18'' blk ROH wheels w/polished lip. cobra r hood cobra insert,and cobra wing. smoked head/tail lights.
4 wheel 4 lug disc brakes.posi w/373 gears

suspension: griggs k member, a arms c.c. plates,front coil overs, tie rod ends,subframe connectors, maximum motorsports rear lower controll arms, PHB, torque arm

Motor:Vortech s trim supercharger ,trick flow TW heads, holley systemax II intake, 42 lbs injectors, 90mm mass air (lighting style).headers,3 core alum radiator.MSD boost retard, gauges ,rpm tach.NEW TREMEC 3550 (500 miles)w/short shifter. Bassani x pipe. flowmaster turn downs

car doesnt belong to me so this is all i can think of off the top of my head i know the car has alot more stuff on it .car was put on a dyno and was over reved and caused the valve springs to be overly streched.

asking 9,000

pics to come soon or car can be seen inperson by appointment.

oddjob
¯
Member # 7591

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for oddjob  Ford pictures for oddjob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
let me know if you part it out, i need that rear end and radiator along with the intake and some other parts. thanks
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where is the car located? please send picts to jonmccleskey@msn.com

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fastertoys1:

car was put on a dyno and was over reved and caused the valve springs to be overly streched.

"caused the valve springs to be overly stretched"

Your joking right?
[patriot]

[ May 23, 2007, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by fastertoys1:

car was put on a dyno and was over reved and caused the valve springs to be overly streched.

"caused the valve springs to be overly stretched"

Your joking right?
[patriot]

like i said its not my car, im just posting what im told... i think hes grown outta the fast car fase hes gone from mustang to mercades. ill try and get more info for those who are really intrested i belive the short block has be built as well .
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
please have him call me 530-741-1660 home
916-289-7390 thanks jon
fastertoys1 you listed email doesen't work

[ May 25, 2007, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
aaskia
¯
Member # 5491

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aaskia  Ford pictures for aaskia    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the valves springs werent overly stretched. he took it to get dynoed by a member on this site (not going to mention any names) and on the first dyno run, after the car had ran fine for a couple of months, it binded a valve spring. Thats all I know about the car, I am going to club with him tonight so I will pass all the telephone numbers on to him.

--------------------
1990 Mustang Lx 5.0 ex-chp
Tfs track heat intake, F303 cam, Afr 165, Full MM suspension, single turbo kit, autopower roll cage.

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by aaskia:
the valves springs werent overly stretched. he took it to get dynoed by a member on this site (not going to mention any names) and on the first dyno run, after the car had ran fine for a couple of months, it binded a valve spring. Thats all I know about the car, I am going to club with him tonight so I will pass all the telephone numbers on to him.

Dyno sheet shows under 6500RPM on the Third dyno pass this car made when it let go. A/F in the mid 11's, have the datalog of the run as well to back everything up. A valvespring let go (unconfirmed) for unknown reasons as the customer declined to let us pull it apart & check things out.

Mechanical failures on the dyno are rare, however sometimes simply unavoidable. If a part is defective, there's no way of knowing till something lets go.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

TTT
thanks for passing the info along for me askia
[patriot]

[ May 28, 2007, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: fastertoys1 ]

kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
coil bind results from too much lift, how did the lift increase on the dyno and how is that the shops fault?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com