Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » 6th Annual CaliforniaFords.com Car Show - August 11, 2007 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: 6th Annual CaliforniaFords.com Car Show - August 11, 2007
9COBRA8
CaliforniaFords.com Owner
Member # 6

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Our 6th Annual CaliforniaFords.com Car Show will be happening at Cal State Hayward on August 11, 2007! Mark your calendars!

www.californiafords.com/carshow

Be there again this year for some great weather, new things planned, beautiful machines! It will be at the same place as last year at Cal State Hayward and will begin at 10am and lasts until 2pm when the awards are given out. This year is special so we want as many people to come out as possible! Awesome new shirts, food vendors, and more...

$15!!! Enter Today!!!

Who: All Ford Makes and Models
When: August 11, 2007, Lot E2 (Same area as Last Year)
Where: Cal State Hayward
Cost: $15 (includes T-shirt)
Winner: Trophies, Raffles, Giveaways, and More...

NEW CLASSES HAVE BEEN ADDED!
Here are this years classes:
A: 64-78 Mustang
B: 79-93 Mustang
C: V6 Mustang
D: 94-98 GT
E: 99-04 GT
F: 94-98 Cobra
G: 99-04 Cobra
H: Mach1 & Bullitt
I: 05-08 Mustang
J: Signature
K: Truck
L: Non-Mustang Ford
M: Lincoln-Mercury

Remember, this is peer judging so the judging will be up to you. Only those that enter can judge. This is FREE to all the wish to stop by and check it out! [dance]
Also, specify what SIZE t-shirt you want!

I should have the flyer complete this week! Looking forward to another great Event! And, yes, this is the same location as last year! [Whoo Whooooo!]

Send payments to:
CaliforniaFords.com
PO Box 1755
Fremont, Ca. 95438

Include with check or money order:
T-shirt Size!
What Category you will be entering!
Your Screen name or a contact number if we have any questions!

* Please help out by distributing fliers! Pick your favorite one from our 2007 calender contest winners:

April
August
December
February
January
July
June
March
May
November
October
September

• Please email  feedback@cafords.com  
    if you wish to sponsor this event or help out in any way!

Keep checking www.californiafords.com/carshow for the latest updates!

[ May 17, 2007, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: 9COBRA8 ]

--------------------
    -Matt
    Milesblown03> Rest In Peace 12/08/02

Posts: 1668 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
  • BOTIH8R
    ¯
    Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    i will be sending payment today.
    name-josh
    car-2003 mach 1
    shirt-lrg

Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
    69grandecj
    ¯
    Member # 5794

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 69grandecj  Ford pictures for 69grandecj  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    Need to do something about that 64-93 class. Way too many cars. Needs to be broken up. There are other classes that usually have one or two cars that need to be combined.
    NCALSVT
    ¯
    Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    MAN I CAN'T WAIT.... I WANNA DO THIS NOW
    S281Cobra
    NOTAFKE
    Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    quote:
    Originally posted by 69grandecj:
    Need to do something about that 64-93 class. Way too many cars. Needs to be broken up. There are other classes that usually have one or two cars that need to be combined.

I'm sure as in previous years that if you get enough cars to pre-reg in a class, they will break that class up.

--------------------
    Italian Horses & Bulls
    Stuttgart, Ingolstadt & some on order

Posts: 456 | From: Bay Area, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
    Camaro Kid Z/28
    ¯
    Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    [Whoo Whooooo!] ill be there!

--------------------
    1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
    "4-eyes forever essay!"

04cobra408
    ¯
    Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    Ill Be there again.

[ May 15, 2007, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: mr mach ef ]

--------------------
    Willie Guzman
    RIP lil brother
    11-23-12

Juan Moya
    "The King Cobra"
    11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
    69grandecj
    ¯
    Member # 5794

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 69grandecj  Ford pictures for 69grandecj  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    quote:
    Originally posted by S281Cobra:
    quote:

I'm sure as in previous years that if you get enough cars to pre-reg in a class, they will break that class up.
    Last two years they didn't, yet they still bring back these other classes that have one or two entries. Why aren't those combined?

--------------------
    1969 Lime Gold Grande 428CJ 1 of 37
    1969 Indian Fire SportsRoof
    1989 Black GT Convertible 22k miles
    2006 F-250 PSD Lariat CC

62bird
    Member # 6024

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 62bird  Ford pictures for 62bird    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    hopefully i'll be able to show my thunderbird again..
    S281Cobra
    NOTAFKE
    Member # 338

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S281Cobra  Ford pictures for S281Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    quote:
    quote:
    Originally posted by S281Cobra:
    quote:

Last two years they didn't, yet they still bring back these other classes that have one or two entries. Why aren't those combined?
    Because there were not enough pre-registered cars in those classes, most of those showed up and paid during the day of the show. Without enough pre-registered cars there is no way of knowing how many cars will show up in a specific class, so there is no way of knowing to split the class, and since they have to order the trophys early, the decision to split the class has to happen before the trophys are ordered.

So unless you pre-register and get enough people to pre-register, classes stay at the base list.

--------------------
    Italian Horses & Bulls

69grandecj
    ¯
    Member # 5794

Past history shows that a few of the classes have 0-2 enteries. Example V6 class or 94-98 GT class. Some of these classes could be combined based on the past history. Yet knowing this they are still not combined.

The old school Mustangs need their own class and so do the Foxes. The Fox class seemed to be the largest last year.

--------------------
    1969 Lime Gold Grande 428CJ 1 of 37
    1969 Indian Fire SportsRoof
    1989 Black GT Convertible 22k miles
    2006 F-250 PSD Lariat CC

S281Cobra
    NOTAFKE
    Member # 338

quote:
    Past history shows that a few of the classes have 0-2 enteries. Example V6 class or 94-98 GT class. Some of these classes could be combined based on the past history. Yet knowing this they are still not combined.

The old school Mustangs need their own class and so do the Foxes. The Fox class seemed to be the largest last year.

If you get enough cars to pre-register, then I have no problem asking 9cobra8 to split the class.

btw, I don't dispute what cars have shown up the past couple of years, and the demographics of this board has changed since this show was started. But any attempt on the organizers part to guess what cars will show up has not been all to successful, that is why your best bet to split any class is to pre-register.

--------------------
    Italian Horses & Bulls

BCINGUU
    ¯
    Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    Yikes, looks like all 3 of my cars would end up in the same class!

93 Cobra
    90 GT
    67 GT

!!!

Hey, when are you guys going to start using paypal for the show reg fee?

--------------------
    93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
    90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
    67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
    9COBRA8
    Member # 6

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    I think we will be getting a lot more pre-reg this year than in previous years so breaking up the old school classes is very likely to come very soon before the show begins! [Wink]

I want you all to have fun and not feel bummed by the uneven classes. Like S281Cobra said, its hard to guess but we can put a smile on your face by making some changes. [Big Grin] This show is for you all!

--------------------
    -Matt

1fast03mach
    Member # 7652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast03mach  Ford pictures for 1fast03mach    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    I would go but i have to work that day,maybe next time [Frown] maybe if i get off in time i will stop by Castro Valley is like 10 minutes away>.....
    Posts: 4 | From: Discovery Bay,CA | Registered: May 2007  |  :
    9COBRA8
    Member # 6

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    Please note that I have added new classes! [Whoo Whooooo!]

Please check your new classes before submitting your entry! [patriot]

Continue with the feedback on what you all want to see this year and let's see what I can do. [Cool]

--------------------
    -Matt

BCINGUU
    ¯
    Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    Paypal? Way easier than sending a check. And easier probably = more registrations...

--------------------

9COBRA8
    Member # 6

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    quote:
    Originally posted by BCINGUU:
    Paypal? Way easier than sending a check. And easier probably = more registrations...

We have Paypal. I am waiting to get the info... It will be posted soon. [Big Grin]

--------------------
    -Matt

SmokinLX
    ¯
    Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    Edit.

[ May 18, 2007, 02:34 AM: Message edited by: SmokinLX ]

--------------------
    Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

BCINGUU
    ¯
    Member # 2397

What do you guys think? I have 3 stangs and because Hayward is a fair distance and I only have 2 drivers, I'm only going to bring 2 cars. Which 2 should I bring?

93 Cobra (probably category B or F)
    90 GT convertible, black with gold stripes, clean
    67 GT coupe, new interior, bodykit, and paint

--------------------

1Sicgt
    CAFords OG
    Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    quote:
    Originally posted by 9COBRA8:
    quote:

We have Paypal. I am waiting to get the info... It will be posted soon. [Big Grin]
    Call me Matt, so I can get info how to advertise.

--------------------
    14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
    2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
    SmokinLX
    ¯
    Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    Never mind look's like I will be in catagory B.

--------------------
    Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

9COBRA8
    Member # 6

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9COBRA8  Ford pictures for 9COBRA8  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
    quote:

The paypal link is now working at

www.californiaFords.com/carshow

The entry fee is $16 via paypal or $15 if you mail it in. The extra dollar covers paypal fees. You get a new 2007 CaliforniaFords.com T-Shirt with your entry regardless of payment method [dance]

--------------------
    -Matt

BCINGUU
    ¯
    Member # 2397

Thanks guys,

I just registered 2 cars.

Too bad my 67 will be lumped in with all the fox bodies that place will be riddled with! ;-)

--------------------

9COBRA8
    Member # 6

quote:
    Thanks guys,

I just registered 2 cars.

Too bad my 67 will be lumped in with all the fox bodies that place will be riddled with! ;-)

Thanks, we got both registrations and fixed the typo in the post-payment page.

Your 67 will have its own class!

quote:

NEW CLASSES HAVE BEEN ADDED!
    Here are this years classes:
    A: 64-78 Mustang
    B: 79-93 Mustang

We still have to decide weather to lump the 93 Cobras with the Fox Bodies or the 94-98 Cobras. Leaning towards fox bodies.

--------------------
    -Matt

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
    Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
    Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
    on CaliforniaFords.com