Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Best/Cheapest SMOG Shop in Oakley/Brentwood/Antioch Area

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Best/Cheapest SMOG Shop in Oakley/Brentwood/Antioch Area
norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i need to smog my car. and seeing what places you guys think are good. last place i went to was brentwood smog express and they charged me $80 and it didnt even pass! [Mad]

looking for something cheap. around $30-$50
a place with nice people, no dicks LOL
willing to smog my car without tailpipes
somewhere in brentwood, oakley or antioch

also wont care that reverse is out in my car.. lol

thanks!

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know a place in Vallejo that will do it for $60

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont know why places hassle you guys. My gt has dumps and I've never had a smog tech f with me because of "no tail pipes"

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I go to Firehouse Smog on A street in Antioch. There pretty good there. Never gave me any b.s.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Op- That sucks most shops down here on the central coast won't charge if you don't pass
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's another one that just opened in antioch on the corner of 10th and sommersville. The sign on the outside says $20.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Boss 327:
I go to Firehouse Smog on A street in Antioch. There pretty good there. Never gave me any b.s.

sweet, do you remember how much you paid out the door??

--------------------

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

and also, mufflers dont do anything/help with smog right? cause i dont have any. but i do have the 4 cats still. plus its not loud.

--------------------

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Lucky:
I dont know why places hassle you guys. My gt has dumps and I've never had a smog tech f with me because of "no tail pipes"

try getting the probe in to a lowered car with no tail pipes 10 times a day an get the probe to stay in when running on the dyno
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

quote:
Originally posted by norcalfiddy:
quote:

sweet, do you remember how much you paid out the door??
Like $60-$80. Im not too sure since the last time i've had to get a smog was 2009.

--------------------

Rio1999GT
¯
Member # 9231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rio1999GT  Ford pictures for Rio1999GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Good place right there,they gave me a discount so I think mine came out to just under $60 I think. Cool people though
norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

quote:
Originally posted by Rio1999GT:
quote:

Good place right there,they gave me a discount so I think mine came out to just under $60 I think. Cool people though
ok i might check that out if i dont find something alittle cheaper.

--------------------

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

i just found 2 coupons for smog in antioch.

anyone have any experience with these places?

-Antioch Smog Check, 1800 A street. for $34.75 + $8.25 with free retest

-Express Care Antioch, 3412 Hillcrest Ave. $39.95 +$8.25 with free retest

let me know! thanks

--------------------

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check PM
92MaroonGT
¯
Member # 10397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92MaroonGT  Ford pictures for 92MaroonGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I swea that by law they are required to allow a retest within a certain amoint of days... You might wanna check into that.
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92MaroonGT:
I swea that by law they are required to allow a retest within a certain amoint of days... You might wanna check into that.

nope there is no law on the books that says you have to retest for free

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com