Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My 90 GT HB Project

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: My 90 GT HB Project
VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VADEl2  Ford pictures for VADEl2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well guys I started the project of trying to put this car back together
Here it is

I pulled all the interior and had the seats reupholstered. And I'm dynamatting the interior and putting in a complete black interior. I was able to find some items in black but overall I'm painting everything black myself.
I have all the interior waiting as well as a set of 18x9 chrome saleen wheels that, I will put on once I complete my 5 lug conversion.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

I was planning on doing a 5.0 4V swap but leaning towards a 351w swap at this time. And the car is currently at the body shop. The front aprons have to get replaced as well as the radiator support. It should be done by mid December the guy is doing it as a side job as a favor to my brother and I.
I'll post pics once the interior is in.
Update I went with a forged 4.6 Teksid block with 03 Mach 1 heads and intake. Manley rods,pistons and arp hardware with 98 cobra cams

[ June 19, 2011, 08:52 PM: Message edited by: VADEl2 ]

--------------------
TT Coyote 992Rwhp No Times yet

Posts: 735 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good stuff bro i just finished, well am finishing my interior but is not as nearly as tideous as yours. What are u painting the interior pieces with? Are u gonna sand them down too?

--------------------
1966 Mustang

VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VADEl2  Ford pictures for VADEl2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did sand them done and I'm using the stock paint color that I bought from 5.0 resto. So far so good. Once I'm done I'll post the updated pictures of it. I wasn't planning on going to this extreme but once I started it was hard not to.

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice work, a lot of people getting into projects of their own lately [worship]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

updated

--------------------

blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blkfoxbody89  Ford pictures for blkfoxbody89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Seems like after I bought my turbo kit 2 months ago I've noticed atleast 5 other members boosting their rides.

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

Posts: 976 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

quote:
Originally posted by blkfoxbody89:
Seems like after I bought my turbo kit 2 months ago I've noticed atleast 5 other members boosting their rides.

I've had this car for 8 months and been piecing it together after I sold my 03 cobra. I was already boosted [Smile] . Now I'm just looking to finish this MODFOX project and go turbo. What setup do you have on your fox?

--------------------

VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

updated

--------------------

blkfoxbody89
5.O
Member # 8361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blkfoxbody89  Ford pictures for blkfoxbody89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by VADEl2:
quote:

I've had this car for 8 months and been piecing it together after I sold my 03 cobra. I was already boosted [Smile] . Now I'm just looking to finish this MODFOX project and go turbo. What setup do you have on your fox?
Yeah I'm sure alot of people had something on the burner for the winter, and now that its getting nice outside, people are interested in modding their ride's again. So far I'm going 363 dart I E with a 70mm turbo, but its not assembled yet, so.. the combo isn't set in stone yet. Mod turbo should be pretty potent.

--------------------
'89 gt
'90 gt

Posts: 976 | From: sacramento | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah I'm sure alot of people had something on the burner for the winter, and now that its getting nice outside, people are interested in modding their ride's again. So far I'm going 363 dart I E with a 70mm turbo, but its not assembled yet, so.. the combo isn't set in stone yet. Mod turbo should be pretty potent.
sounds like you will have a mean setup. Yeah I have everything now it's just about the assembly. So hopefully in the next few weeks. Everything will come together nicely.

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Adrian this car is gonna be mean once its done. Will it be ready for the run in september?

[ June 19, 2011, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking good,sound like a fun project,nothing better than a fox [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Adrian this car is gonna be mean once its done. Will it be ready for the run in september?

With the turbo probably not. NA It might be done. The hold up will be my fuel and turbo setup. Custom is $6500 for a twin setup. But I might just do a single. A local guy here has the On3 setup on his 2V and it's doing very nicely and put down 672rwhp so it's not doing to bad. I'd figure I can always upgrade the turbo later.

I'm just looking at getting it started for now and installing all the crap I already have. [Smile]
You'll love my suspension setup MM all around [Smile]

[ June 19, 2011, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: VADEl2 ]

--------------------

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

With the turbo probably not. NA It might be done. The hold up will be my fuel and turbo setup. Custom is $6500 for a twin setup. But I might just do a single. A local guy here has the On3 setup on his 2V and it's doing very nicely and put down 672rwhp so it's not doing to bad. I'd figure I can always upgrade the turbo later.

I'm just looking at getting it started for now and installing all the crap I already have. [Smile]

Yeah man I'm a lil jealous. I came up on the front stuff, but need the rear, strut tower brace, sub frames and junk. Money money money. The real question is when are you gonna toss me the keys.
Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah man I'm a lil jealous. I came up on the front stuff, but need the rear, strut tower brace, sub frames and junk. Money money money. The real question is when are you gonna toss me the keys.
Well once it starts and the bugs get worked out. That way it will give you flashbacks of your old fox
[dance]

--------------------

hes2quick
¯
Member # 8916

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hes2quick  Ford pictures for hes2quick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet interior bro. Gonna be pulling my interior here very soon too. I wanna do all black too. Is the whole sanding down process hard?

--------------------
91 coupe with a 6 point cage,draglites, and some suspension work,3.73

Posts: 105 | From: Redwood City now Tempe, AZ | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Project is coming along real nice bro. Keep up the good work... [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

Finally figured out the wiring issues I was having. So I'll be trying to finish it up in the next few weeks. Just need to put everything together fill the fluids and try and fire it up.
I ended up going with a 2003 Mach motor which I did a forged build with a Teksid block and using the mach 5 speed for now. I will be doing a single turbo setup on here as it's comp ratio is at 8.5.1. Fuel system is Glenns performance sleeper tank setup good up to 1000hp, using two external pumps.

[ December 17, 2011, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: VADEl2 ]

--------------------

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Clean build! Glad to see its coming along. Car is gunna haul some serious tail when its done! Keep us updated and good job [patriot]

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[worship] [worship] [dance] [dance] [worship] [dance]

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
SantaClara_Cobra
¯
Member # 9488

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SantaClara_Cobra  Ford pictures for SantaClara_Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very nice man i cant wait to have a driveway to be able to have a project car

--------------------
18 Denali diesel
91 🦊

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com