Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Boost Brothers Kit on the dyno (94 GT) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Boost Brothers Kit on the dyno (94 GT)
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My customer and good friend finally dynod his 94GT that I installed the boost brothers kit on. I will post the dyno pull after I scan it. The car will be at ford vs chevy as well.

Made 443@5400 hp and 474 torque at 4400 at the wheels. This was on pump gas at 10.3psi

Not bad for a $1200 bolt on turbo kit.

-

[ June 21, 2010, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: turbo50 ]

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That is a ripping deal for a complete turbo kit! What is the combo? How much boost? What size turbo?

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not bad Dan is that the very that was at your crib?
alexdel209
¯
Member # 9239

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for alexdel209  Ford pictures for alexdel209    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
seen that kit up for a while if i had a 94 95 i woulda grabbed it up first day it was on let someone have a kit for a 01 cobra for that price and ill get if for sure lol
kennebellgt
¯
Member # 8395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennebellgt  Ford pictures for kennebellgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah, how much boost? what mods does the engine have? How easy was it to install? I am interested in this kit been looking at it for awhile now.

--------------------
just trying to fight the SN-95 demons

PS3 NAME- kennebellgt

Posts: 830 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2008  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it a powermasters turbo?
What BOV & Wastegate did they put in the kit?
That's a great price for any turbo kit. [burnout]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
not bad Dan is that the very that was at your crib?

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
My customer and good friend finally dynod his 94GT that I installed the boost brothers kit on. I will post the dyno pull after I scan it. The car will be at ford vs chevy as well.

Made 443@5400 hp and 474 torque at 4400 at the wheels. This was on pump gas.

Not bad for a $1200 bolt on turbo kit.

-

Does it have any other mods? How is the quality on those kits/ I might get one for my foxbody ha ha ha!

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well it wont be out there tomorrow cuz it blew a headgasket tonight. pump gas is a mother fucker.

--------------------

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
F it I got my house so i might as well keep my kit. I don't about this customer but my kit is the standard T67 kit with a spring that allows 5-7psi.

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
F it I got my house so i might as well keep my kit. I don't about this customer but my kit is the standard T67 kit with a spring that allows 5-7psi.

Dood, dont you have to spend money to fix up the place a little. I left a post on your turbo kit wanting to know how much modification it would take on a fox. If you want to sell it I may be interested if i can find out what it will take.

Turbo50, what other mods does that engine have? I've got a brand new crate motor from Summit, the GT40 one, so i think it should be able to hand a little boost right.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
well it wont be out there tomorrow cuz it blew a headgasket tonight. pump gas is a mother fucker.

Oh no [Frown]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Sorry for the late post. Enjoyed some fathers day time with the family and been busy working on other peoples cars again. Go figure.

Anyway it is a DSS 306 shortblock with oringed TFS out of the box heads with better springs. It also has a custom turbo cam in it. Trick flow track heat intake, tko 600 and 3.27 gears.

It could make a ton more power but it is still a stock block and pump gas car.

Not sure about the hurt headgasket if that is even what is wrong with it to be honest. I have not looked at it.

I think the owner is going to add some cubes, turbo size and a race block and race fuel.

It made 440ish and 470ish on the dyno. Drove home in rush hour traffic, no issues. Ran all over town and a few romps, no issues. Got about 20 degrees warmer out and a new tank of wonderful (being sarcastic) pump gas and now it is pushing coolant out of the overflow so there it is there.

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
Is it a powermasters turbo?
What BOV & Wastegate did they put in the kit?
That's a great price for any turbo kit. [burnout]

No. 67mm chinese ebay turbo

BOV is the gay one that comes with the boostbrothers kit.

Wastegate has been upgraded to a tial sport 38mm wastegate courtesy of Racsirx.

Yes it is/was a great price. I think they go for 1500 now. This was won via best offer on ebay from boost brothers in December.

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

more pics of it:

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Sorry for the late post. Enjoyed some fathers day time with the family and been busy working on other peoples cars again. Go figure.

Anyway it is a DSS 306 shortblock with oringed TFS out of the box heads with better springs. It also has a custom turbo cam in it. Trick flow track heat intake, tko 600 and 3.27 gears.

Not sure about the hurt headgasket if that is even what is wrong with it to be honest. I have not looked at it.

I think the owner is going to add some cubes, turbo size and a race block and race fuel.

It made 440ish and 470ish on the dyno. Drove home in rush hour traffic, no issues. Ran all over town and a few romps, no issues. Got about 20 degrees warmer out and a new tank of wonderful (being sarcastic) pump gas and now it is pushing coolant out of the overflow so there it is there.

so it's a ~300rwhp combo n/a, slap on the $1200 turbo kit and makes 440ish, not bad at all.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:

so it's a ~300rwhp combo n/a, slap on the $1200 turbo kit and makes 440ish, not bad at all.
It made 310 on the motor.

It made 550 on the first pull but that was not safe for pump gas so you do the math.

Only bang for the buck that can beat that is the little blue bottle.

--------------------

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what's your thoughts on the quality of the kit? The pics make it look like a good kit. How was the actual fit? Did anything need to be modified?

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
So what's your thoughts on the quality of the kit? The pics make it look like a good kit. How was the actual fit? Did anything need to be modified?

My take on the kit is that it is a great kit and the fitment was not too bad. A few issues boostbrothers and no one else seems to mention, mind you these are easily remedied:

The sway bar has to be shimmed down.
The turbo damn near hits the underside of the hood.
The intercooler, if you mount it the way they want, sits WAY too low for a street car.
The down pipe needs 5 degrees bent into it. Try to find someone that can put a 5 degree bend in a 3.5 inch stainless pipe. I ended up having to use a BFH on it. Sucked, really sucked.

Other than that, the welds looked GREAT! The metal was all stainless and everything was nice! Lots of v bands also.

Even the stock wastegate and bov look pretty decent for knock offs.

You can upgrade to a better turbo and better bov and wastegate through their website and still come out on top.

--------------------

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This looks to be a B&G cutom turbo knock off. Does have have convert motor mounts or regular motor mounts? If regular mototr mounts the 1/2 drop the vert mounts give you would make the downpipe/turbo clear no problem at all.
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by GOT 50:
This looks to be a B&G cutom turbo knock off. Does have have convert motor mounts or regular motor mounts? If regular mototr mounts the 1/2 drop the vert mounts give you would make the downpipe/turbo clear no problem at all.

......it is a convertible with convertible motor mounts.....

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

TTT in honor of Jasons new turbo SN95 thread.

Oh he broke the tranny too wit 466 at the wheels.

--------------------

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

nice...I doubt I'll be braking my T56 any time soon...

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by C6Z06s_own_50Deep:
quote:

T56! wow you've thought this one out, nice project there.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
Originally posted by C6Z06s_own_50Deep:
quote:

Dunno he broke his tremec.

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com