Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read PM's/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » how much does pick n pull give you for a car

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: how much does pick n pull give you for a car
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage   Email Ty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tryin to get rid of a truck thats takin up room and im thinkin about sellin it to the pick n pull just wanted to know how much they give you for a car

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07  Email Jdub07   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They gave me $3 for a hatchback once. Car had 4 donut tires, two windows and a steering wheel. I think I still have the check somewhere...was about a year ago. I think it cost more than $3 to cut a $3 check lol.
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage   Email Ty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the truck is 100% drivable and isnt too bad i just cant sell it for the life of me

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07  Email Jdub07   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the very very most they will give is $500. what they base that on I don't know. I will tell you that if you sell it for $500 to them they will turn around and put it for sale @ $2200. If it runs they wont let it get picked apart right away.

Can I see it...have any photos? details?

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

its a 77 f250 2wd with a 460 c6 dana 60 rear. sittin on 35 inch bfgs with new rock crawler rims
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

TDURAN_90LX
¯
Member # 6373

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TDURAN_90LX  Ford pictures for TDURAN_90LX  Email TDURAN_90LX   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pick n pull picked up my 1988 Mitsubishi truck that was taking up space in my backyard. They gave me $160 for it. They will give u a quote right over the phone.

[ April 08, 2008, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: TDURAN_90LX ]

--------------------
'90 LX MUSTANG 5.0 (SOLD)

'01 GSX-R SUZUKI 750

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

fuck i'm moving this would be perfect. How much you want for it? How reliable is it. What is the biggest problem it has?
Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval  Email Blue Oval   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
How much you want for it? How reliable is it. What is the biggest problem it has?

same questions? [Big Grin] if jdub doesnt get it im interested too

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Oval:
quote:
How much you want for it? How reliable is it. What is the biggest problem it has?

Set of dixie horns, 01 on the sides and a confederate flag on top would do wonders for that truck!!
[patriot]

NutNice707
¯
Member # 5123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NutNice707  Ford pictures for NutNice707  Email NutNice707   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ill take it if another board member doesn't let me know how much pick n pull wants to give you we can work a deal perfect truck for my shop. Thanks

--------------------
07 F-250 Crew Cab
02 Corvette Z06
67 Cougar XR-7
72 Chevelle
07 CLS 550

Posts: 805 | From: Sacramento To The Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
NutNice707
¯
Member # 5123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NutNice707  Ford pictures for NutNice707  Email NutNice707   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ill take it if another board member doesn't let me know how much pick n pull wants to give you we can work a deal perfect truck for my shop. Thanks

--------------------
07 F-250 Crew Cab
02 Corvette Z06
67 Cougar XR-7
72 Chevelle
07 CLS 550

Posts: 805 | From: Sacramento To The Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage   Email AL STOCK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Put that truck up for sale on the for sale section and you'll get 5x more then what pick and pull will give

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman *5LTRSVT*

..:: FANATICS ::..
"Step Your Game Up"

Posts: 5998 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Oval:
quote:

Set of dixie horns, 01 on the sides and a confederate flag on top would do wonders for that truck!!
[patriot]

haha thats exactly what i was gonna do to it
but it leaks a lil bit of oil iim not sure if its the oil pan gasket or the rear main. the cab is a lil bit rusty but other than that it runs great right now im rebuilding the carb becuz its got a vacuum problem at idle. i only want like 1200 bucks for it but im flexible on the price

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

heres the craigslist ad
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/632503796.html

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval  Email Blue Oval   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
take sound system out and ill give you half that price

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

the amp and sub are gone all thats left are the 2 6x9s and the deck

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

I have to pass...I wont lowball you. Best of luck on sale and FUCK pick N pull just wait till you get what you want for it. [patriot]
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88  Email asskickn88   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
FUCK pick N pull just wait till you get what you want for it

Yep, they told me the most they pay for any vehicle is $300. Even if its running and driving they wont pay any more than that but they'll throw it out front as a builder for $2500.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0  Email Adam5.0   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the state will buy back any pre 1987 car for 650 bucks. some sort of clean air program. http://www.oldcarbuyback.com/sfo.php

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1595 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com