Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » ticket= drunk in public (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: ticket= drunk in public
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone got one? its my 1st and only. just turned 21. went to the bar and was walking home and i got nabbed. so how much does it cost and what happens. this happen in placer county. can anyone post law or personal advice. thanks

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey,

I had a similar situation. Walking home from the bar (wasnt all that drunk either, wasnt stubmling, or anything.) The cop had seen me leave the bar earlier and caught up with me a few blocks later. He gave me a sobriety test (after I told him I had been drinking). Anyways he gave me the ticket and I still had to finish walking home.

I went to court. I was going to plead not guilty, but the judge asked me about it. I told the judge that I spent all my money at the bar so I could not get a cab. I had 2 choices, walk home or driver home. So I chose to walk home.

Judge dismissed it.

Thats my exp.

Posts: 1199 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that's pretty messed up. i would figure the authorities would be more lenient when it comes to those who choose to walk home and are intoxicated. i mean, it's a lot smarter than trying to drive under the influence. if it was a slow night and i was the cop, i would offer to give somebody a quick lift home.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea i had no money for a taxi. i was drunk as shit but... i was walking fine. i never got any kind of test... no breath/blood/urine. so i think i can get out of it. the cops where being dicks to. i had already walked a half mile so i was sobering up. i had like 3 blocks left. i asked the cop please just give me a ride home. it was a no go

any other input

--------------------

Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do what Lookingforastang did. Go to court, plead guilty, and hope the judge is sympathetic. Point out it was either drive home or walk home, and you chose the best desicion. Obviously you weren't fighting or being a nucence so I don't see why they would be hard on you.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

i dont kno... i go to court next month on the 14th in auburn. i was in roseville and the cops suck balls here. i let you guys know. but till then give your advice

--------------------

Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Roseville/Rocklin cops are HORRIBLE we have NO crime here so they are really bored and will fuck with anybody who is out walking at night, they say that if you are innocent you wouldn't be out walking at night but they are up at 3 in the morning so why can't I be? I THOUGHT we had freedoms here

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does this ticket fall under traffic dept?

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Curt:
Roseville/Rocklin cops are HORRIBLE

There are some cops here that suck balls but others seem cool. I got pulled over 3 times here and got out of it. Once they got me for speeding, I said that I had a tire that wouldnt hold air and was trying to get to my shop before it went flat again. Another time one got me for running a stop sign, I did stop but started to turn left then went right so all he saw was me come around the corner. I explained what happened and he let me go. The last time I got nabbed by a motorcycle cop for speeding. He pulled me over and asked me how fast I was going so I told him about 5 over. He said it was a bit more than that but he didnt get an accurate radar lock on my car so I was free to go. A lot of it depends on how you treat the cops when your pulled over..... the whole "fuck you" attitude towards a cop wont win you any points at all.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard cops out their are horrible just looking to catch people. Girl i worked w got dui while sitting in the car she has aa classes fees and fine and gonna spend a couple days in jail bc she refusing to do community service. She wasted money and a lawyer that did nothing for her so i would probably just save my money and do liek they said tell the judge u thought u were doing the right thing by choosing to walk rather then drive and obviously u werent shit face stubbling around u were able to talk to the cops and still walk home and for being 21 that is responsible all the 21 yr olds i know wouldve drove soo just think positive [patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

yea i was being cool... i dont need any more trouble. roseville pd suck balls tho. i guess i just wait for court

--------------------

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Roseville, Rocklin and Folsom are some of the worst PD's for being dicks. Just like somebody else said they have nothing better to do. I love how there will somebody with a cop stoped for walking late and then 1 minute later the whole police force will be there for like 1 maybe 2 guys. When I got pulled over in Folsom, there was three cop cars there. and they told the forth and fith car that they had it under control.

I know I live right down the street from a bar I like to go to and I know I will be walking home. If they rather me drive I will. I would take my chances with the judge on this. As long as you arn't causing trouble or bothering people then I think your free and clear.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

haha there was 5 cop cars and 7 cops lol

just for a drunk guy trying to walk home. yea i am not gonna pay any fines. im gonna take jail if it doesn't get dropped. few days is cool. it was my bad so now i deal with it.

i wanna know what the police report says. are they free or can you even get them?

--------------------

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
Originally posted by Curt:
Roseville/Rocklin cops are HORRIBLE

There are some cops here that suck balls but others seem cool. I got pulled over 3 times here and got out of it. Once they got me for speeding, I said that I had a tire that wouldnt hold air and was trying to get to my shop before it went flat again. Another time one got me for running a stop sign, I did stop but started to turn left then went right so all he saw was me come around the corner. I explained what happened and he let me go. The last time I got nabbed by a motorcycle cop for speeding. He pulled me over and asked me how fast I was going so I told him about 5 over. He said it was a bit more than that but he didnt get an accurate radar lock on my car so I was free to go. A lot of it depends on how you treat the cops when your pulled over..... the whole "fuck you" attitude towards a cop wont win you any points at all.
You left out the part of giving them hand jobs before they let you go!!!!

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I remember back in undergrad at Davis everyone walking in downtown on a Thursday night would be drunk and I never heard of anyone getting a ticket.
Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
I remember back in undergrad at Davis everyone walking in downtown on a Thursday night would be drunk and I never heard of anyone getting a ticket.

I wanna say that cops in college towns wont really bother with drunk people walking on the streets as long as they arent causing a ruckess.

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SlowStockFox:
anyone got one? its my 1st and only. just turned 21. went to the bar and was walking home and i got nabbed. so how much does it cost and what happens. this happen in placer county. can anyone post law or personal advice. thanks

1) Were you drunk?
If the answer is/was yes then you need to start taking responsibility for your own actions now that you're "21". So let's get this straight...you had enough money to get hammered out of your mind but couldn't afford a cab ride home? Make arrangements prior to your going out on the town if you plan to become intoxicated.

2) As per California law:
California Penal Code Section 647 (f) provides that it is illegal to be in any public place under the influence of intoxicating liquor (or combination of liquor and drugs), in such a condition that he or she is unable to exercise care for his or her own safety or the safety of others, or by reason of his or her being under the influence of intoxicating liquor (or drugs), interferes with or obstructs or prevents the free use of any street, sidewalk, or other public way.

My advise would be chalk it up to a life lesson learned and move on. The more you make posts about this kind of shit the more people will look at you like a moron. Deal with personal matters in private, unless you want the entire population of the internet viewing you as an idiot.

[ August 24, 2007, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: WRS92GT ]

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
quote:

My advise would be chalk it up to a life lesson learned and move on. The more you make posts about this kind of shit the more people will look at you like a moron. Deal with personal matters in private, unless you want the entire population of the internet viewing you as an idiot.
yeah lesson learned but i don't think anyone is really putting him down for his actions. well, maybe just you.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

1) Were you drunk?
If the answer is/was yes then you need to start taking responsibility for your own actions now that you're "21". So let's get this straight...you had enough money to get hammered out of your mind but couldn't afford a cab ride home? Make arrangements prior to your going out on the town if you plan to become intoxicated.

California Penal Code Section 647 (f) provides that it is illegal to be in any public place under the influence of intoxicating liquor (or combination of liquor and drugs), in such a condition that he or she is unable to exercise care for his or her own safety or the safety of others, or by reason of his or her being under the influence of intoxicating liquor (or drugs), interferes with or obstructs or prevents the free use of any street, sidewalk, or other public way.

[Roll Eyes] lets not get all high and mighty on him. he admitted responsibility, dont act like you have never been out in a public place after having a few drinks. it sucks, but it happens. just be nice in court and hope it gets dropped/reduced.
Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got pulled over in Folsom by a PD when I was riding my supermoto. He said my exhaust and tail light were modified, but they are completely stock. Then he went over all my paperwork and got testy when he found out my DMV info is blocked. Then he asked why I rode out all the way to Folsom from Elk Grove, I said just for a sunday ride, going up to Salmon Falls, and to sum up his response...... stay out of Folsom, I didnt' need to be there, if he see's me again my bike will go bye bye.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

i wasn't bout to drive my newer truck thats worth 10k when i have bills and rent... i don't have the 1k plus for impound and court fees. so i walked my happy ass talking on the phone to a friends walking.

anyways the next night when i did go to the bar i bought a cab.

btw bill this is rodney. i don't really feel what i did was wrong. but hey i was drunk and in public... so this one is chalked up to a life lesson. but i was only asking if any one had been threw this or had advice.

--------------------

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Joooestang66:
stay out of Folsom, I didnt' need to be there, if he see's me again my bike will go bye bye.

Seriously WHAT THE FUCK is up with cops saying that? Retarded ass shit.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by spegull03:
quote:
quote:

1) Were you drunk?

[Roll Eyes] lets not get all high and mighty on him. he admitted responsibility, dont act like you have never been out in a public place after having a few drinks. it sucks, but it happens. just be nice in court and hope it gets dropped/reduced.
Actually I rarely drink and when I do it's less than a six pack and in the comfort of my own home.
Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
The more you make posts about this kind of shit the more people will look at you like a moron. Deal with personal matters in private, unless you want the entire population of the internet viewing you as an idiot.

Is it possible to think of him as more of an idiot that we already do? I doubt it [Wink]

WHOO WHOO FOR THE IDIOT [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
The more you make posts about this kind of shit the more people will look at you like a moron. Deal with personal matters in private, unless you want the entire population of the internet viewing you as an idiot.

Is it possible to think of him as more of an idiot that we already do? I doubt it [Wink]

WHOO WHOO FOR THE IDIOT [Whoo Whooooo!]

you moron dawn {lol}from your hands and mind

[/QUOTE]Is it possible to think of him as more of an idiot that we already do? I doubt it [Wink] do i see the word THAT and not than...haha

oh yea if you guy want to know your hp on your car ask Dawna he has a dyno in his head. get off the internet and get a life.... your how old?... thats what i thought! you are the moron

[patriot] have a nice day

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com